Monday 23 June 2014

A Card with Watercolouring

Hi dear blogger pals,
Hope you all are doing great.  I'm watching quite a lot of videos on watercolouring these days, right from the beginner ones showing different brush strokes and washes, to some advanced ones. And I'm practising it too. I loved this video where the artist brilliantly  paints some free-hand watercoloured roses. I absolutely loved it and that's how I was inspired to make this card. If you wish to see it too, click here but first have a look at my card because you won't like my card after you see the video :P


closer view

I know I have a long road to travel in the world of watercolouring, but nevertheless, I'm enjoying the journey and wanted to share it with you and get your valuable feedback. :)
And the butterfly was stamped on a piece of vellum followed by heat embossing it using  Lindy's silver EP, fuzzy cutting it and layering it over a black butterfly.

Linking this up to :





And as I write this post, I also want to share a very annoying issue I'm facing with my blogger today. I'm not able to see any new posts from anybody on my dashboard, except the most recent one, that is I can see just one post at a time, which goes away as soon as another one appears. Are you facing this problem too or is it just me?

Thanks for visiting. Have a great week. :)



15 comments:

  1. Lovely roses, I am also working on a watercolor card, but Jasleen your one is too pretty. ...and the annoying issue with Blogger, I am facing it too and so is everyone else too, I think.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jasleen!

    First of all your tag is lovely!! Very beautifully done!. Coming to the blogger issue, it's been a very long time I saw posts not appearing on my dashboard. I thought I'm the one facing that issue.But recently many of my other blogging buddies have the same complaints.So I think blogger will handle it soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic image, fabulous water colouring and always great when you can combine challenges. It's most satisfying don't you think? So well done.
    Thanks for sharing and taking part.
    Sarah
    Less is More

    ReplyDelete
  4. very beautiful Jasleen... love the rose.. it looks very perfect!! I do not use blogger to read the feeds.. so I'm not aware of the issue.. I use feedly... it's quite good.. but last week someone hacked it and it was navailabe for more than a day :) other than that I love it...
    -Berina
    Moxie Craftie

    ReplyDelete
  5. These roses are lovely Jasleen, beautifully done!
    Thanks so much
    Chrissie
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jasleen, I am away at the moment but had to pop by and tell you how fabulous this is and Imam hoping I cam watch this video on the beach, the flowers are so lovely and I note the darker centres, I have been trying a bit of watercolouring and love the freestyle type and your card is stunning x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful water-colored flowers Jasleen !!They look flawless..

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the water coloring Jasleen..Roses look amazing :)
    ya Jas even am facing it too from yesterday..

    ReplyDelete
  9. Excellent coloring Jasleen. I recently started using water colors again and they are more subtle than copics. Your blending is perfect and the colors are soft but vibrant.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is so awesome Jasleen! You are one hell of a beginner!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Really love your double tags on the card ... adds a little somethin' somthin'! Thanks for playing with Fusion and CAS(e) this Sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow Jasleen this is so striking, I love the water coloring u did :) thank you for sharing with Fusion!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Jasleen your roses are fab!
    Thanks for joining us at Less is More
    Anne
    LIM Designer

    ReplyDelete
  14. Those roses are gorgeous! Thank you so much for sharing this with us at Little Tangles!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your visit. I love to read your comments on my work :)