Monday 2 September 2013

Something poetic

Heyyy friends!
This month is going to be a very busy one for me. Expecting a few visitors at home this week, plus a wedding ceremony later this month would make sure that I have my hands full. But I'm not complaining. Really looking forward to all the masti and long awaited reunion I'm going to have at my cousin's wedding. Just one hitch though, I won't be getting time for my crafting :(  Anyway, today I will be sharing a poem I had written for my mom last year(well as I had mentioned in my first post, this is not just a crafting blog). I'm not a poet or a writer at all, but I do write when I strongly feel for something or I'm deeply inspired ;)   Well, mom liked it( naturally :P) , rest I leave it to you.  Here it is :

AND JUST WHEN I THOUGHT....


In the cradle I lie
All pink with that shrill cry
And just when i thought I was weak and cold
There came her warmth and her fingers to hold.

On the porch i walk
With those socks and a frock
And just when i thought i missed a step
There came those hands that got me swept.

On the bed i lie
Counting the stars and gazing at the sky
And just when i thought the night would be long
There came that voice all silky with a soothing song.

In my room i sit
with my bag and books and lights dimly lit
And just when i thought i would nothing but fail
There she came with a smile and words that helped me sail.


 On the floor i sit
Lonely and heartbroken and in the deepest pit
And just when i thought life's been unfair
There she came with oodles of love and piles of care.

I've read about Him
And heard about Him
And just when i think whether He exists in form
He answers me saying ,"I am your Mom".

                                                                ----*----

Sooooo how was it ? .:D  Do let me know. And if you want to read some serious and really good poetry, you can visit my dear friend Aashi's blog here. She is amazingly talented. 

That's all from me now. Would be coming up with something new soon.  Have a great day :)




5 comments:

  1. very true and written straight from the heart... i like i like... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow! Jasleen! That's really amazing.. Keep writing more.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very emotional Jasleen.. I really loved it :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your visit. I love to read your comments on my work :)